This website stands on the shoulders of these giants (listed alphabetically):
- Aladin Lite
- Online sky atlas used in the telescope simulator.
- Dark Sky
- For the weather forecast service
- Dr. Wolfgang Steinicke
- For the Revised NGC/IC catalogues
- FamFamFam flag icons
- Incredibly popular icons of country flags.
- Font Awesome
- Lightweight icons implemented as a web font.
- Beautiful weather forecast.
- Fred Espenak
- Calendar of astronomical events based on Fred Espenak's calendar.
- Automatic location detection based on IP addresses.
- Google Sky
- Based on the Google Maps engine, lets us browse the night sky.
- NGC/IC Project
- Thousands of images for NGC objects.
- Saguaro Astronomy Club
- They provided the initial deep sky objects database.
Dec 17 · Space.com
NASA's Dawn mission to the main asteroid belt, granted a second extended mission earlier this year, will end later next year after a final set of close-up observations of the dwarf planet Ceres.Dec 17 · Space.com
A used SpaceX Dragon cargo ship arrived at the International Space Station for the second time Sunday (Dec. 17) delivering more than 2 tons of NASA supplies just in time for Christmas.Dec 17 · Space.com
Three crewmates for the International Space Station are now on their way to the complex, where they will begin their six month stay by ringing in the new year.Dec 17 · Space.com
Thales Alenia Space is partnering with three U.S. companies that are working on NASA studies of concepts for the proposed Deep Space Gateway, leveraging its expertise in space station and cargo module development.Dec 16 · Space.com
A NASA satellite captured an image showing a thick curtain of brown smoke billowing from the Thomas Fire in Southern California yesterday (Dec. 14).Dec 16 · Space.com
The opening scenes of a new drama sound just like a traditional "Star Trek" episode: "Captain's log, final entry," the narrator says. "Spock and I are the sole survivors."Dec 16 · Space.com
There's a lot of spaceflight action on tap Sunday morning (Dec. 17), and you can watch it all before the first NFL game of the day kicks off.Dec 16 · Space.com
An engine designed for the world's most powerful rocket underwent one last test fire for 2017 on Wednesday (Dec. 13) to help NASA get ready for the Space Launch System rocket's first flight around the moon.
Astronomy Quote of the Day“Astronomers, like burglars and jazz musicians, operate best at night.” Miles Kington, Journalist
Astronomy Planning Made Easy. Learn more.